I was nominated for the Liebster award by my friend Joanna who writes over at Into a Marvelous Light – which I am deeply touched by. I will be a good sport and pass it along! It’s a wonderful way of getting more people to look into blogs that they might not even know are out there!
Rules of nomination
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs (no awarding who awarded you).
6) Remember to ONLY award bloggers with less than 200 followers
Joanna’s Questions for me
1. If you had one day completely free of obligations and responsibilities, how would you spend your time?
Half the day with a good book, then the rest of the day spending it talking to one of my favorite elders of the church.
2. What is your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is the fear of not doing what God has demanded of me- either in action or word. That I don’t reach out to that one person that God puts in front of me to love with His love because of my fear.
3. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
Ohh! Hard question! Depends for what reason?
Encouragement against fear: 2 Timothy 1:7- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and of sound mind.”
For purpose of life: Psalm 139 “For you created my inmost being…”
Cycle of Faith and Power of Grace- John 9– the story of the blind man being healed
These are just a few…
4. If you had the opportunity to meet anyone you wanted to, who would it be? (living or deceased)
Joni Eareckson Tada
5. What is the most exciting thing that’s happened to you in the past year?
I moved into a new apartment, found a new job, and also am seeing the fruition of 6 years of hard work on my Disability and Theology paper being turned into a class for Spring!
6. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Tea- I love it iced, but enjoy it hot
7. Do you enjoy traveling?
I don’t know- I’ve never really traveled. I’m a homebody though, so as long as I know I’m going home at a certain time…maybe?
8. What are you most passionate about?
Making people look past their own preconceived ideas regarding Scripture and get back to the ‘heart’ of the Bible. Questioning the tradition of the interpretation not the Scripture themselves in regards how the church should participate in Disability advocacy and care.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?- I have three 🙂
Everyone has the ability to DO something- refusing to allow someone to explore their ability or finding your own potential due to laziness.
Taking credit for someone else’s passion
And people who don’t push in their chairs
10. What is something that puzzles you?
The sheer cruelty of man- the ability and desire that some people embody to harm others
11. What is your favorite song?
Oh no! Another tough one! I have too many! A few right now that are ones I have to turn up the radio on are: Sidewalk Prophets “Live like that”, Casting Crowns “Praise you in this storm” , Kutless “Even if” Josh Groban “You are Loved” — just a few but I have so many more! 🙂
Manda of Oddly Crazy
Leslie of Definingmydash
Cari of As I Follow
Katie at Living in Hebel
Andrew over at Reaching Youth for Christ
Heidi at Thoughts and random goodness
and Nut’s Notes
My Questions for you:
1) What is the number one thing you want to do in your life? (work/pleasure)
2) What is your favorite down time thing to do?
3)What is your favorite animal and why?
4) What on earth do you most want to see before you die?
5) What is your weirdest comfort food item that people always question you about?
6) What do you like learning about the most? (subject or discipline)
7) What spiritual disciple do you grow through the most? (Prayer, quiet time, Bible reading etc)
8) What book do you recommend the most to read? (besides the Bible!:-)
9) If your house was on fire- besides family and pets- what is the first thing you would grab?
10) What was the name of your first pet?
11)Favorite season and why?